Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Feeling disheartened

There is there a lot of confusing and concerning information coming out of Honduras right now and it's rather discouraging.  Newspapers have been talking about the workers in the adoption department have been suspended, thus ordering adoptions to be stopped.  Then, we hear that this is not the case.  We hear that there are "irregularities" within the adoption department, but no one seems to know exactly what that means.  Now there is something mentioning that lawyers are under the microscope.  No dossiers are being signed off and place on the waitlist, no referrals being made.....I honestly don't see how Honduras is "open" to adoptions right now.  They are still accepting dossiers, but then what?  Nothing.  What's the point of them accepting dossiers if they aren't going to approve them?  The program is not moving. 

I am frustrated right now with my agency.  I have asked and asked for updates, but get nothing. They are being silent during this, and that makes us feel like we aren't important, or that they don't care.  I'm sure they do, but it gives us that impression.  I have told them that ANYTHING would be acceptable, whether it's good, bad or even if there is no news.  I really think the lines of communication should be open, especially during this time.  I have been in contact with others using my agency and they feel the same.   Our package that contains Evan's medical results and Dave's supervisor letter were delivered to Gladney, and I am wondering what the status of it is.  I really feel like I should have been updated.  I don't know, maybe I'm expecting too much.

I know this is not a positive entry, but it is what it is right now.

3 comments:

  1. I feel so badly for you as I am in a similiar position up here and have to keep pushing for information with my agency. I was going to register for Honduras but they would only give me a child 5 years or older. While I was waiting for my homestudy to be signed off, everything happened down there and a fellow blogger was down there for ever! Getting information from my agency about another country open to singles has been very tough and I still don't have it all. Hang in there. Please know all of us in the adoption blogging circle support and care about you. I begin to feel like I know some of you people as we share the same emotions and similiar experiences. Let's keep our fingers crossed and pray that 2012 is the year it happens. I'd love to celebrate Christmas with a child next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm just in a funk, but I'll get over it soon. Good luck with your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand... we are also «in review» right now for adoption from Honduras. All the conflicting information in the newspapers ... and now silence.... scares me. I am sure that you, like we, are dying to give a child a loving forever family and it would help immensely just to know that there is progress being made, even if it were slow progress. We would do whatever it takes to reassure that authorities that we are providing a warm caring environment for this precious child. I am praying that we are waiting for something.... I am scared to get my hopes up too.... but we have to have faith.... it just feels like such a test to be so in the dark. Know that you are not alone....

    ReplyDelete