Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Odds and ends....

I have mailed a lot of paperwork over the last two days to three different companies  One is our placing agency, Gladney.  Another is our homestudy agency, Maine Children's Home, and our dossier service.  I send things to all these places fairly regularly, and it gets confusing in regards who requires what.  I'm so afraid that one of these times I'm going to send the wrong paperwork to the wrong place!

MCH will receive the last bit of paperwork in the next few days and then we just have to wait until they are ready to start our homestudy.  We are hoping it's soon!  Our medical forms have held everything up for a few weeks, but it's finally done!

Honduras requires a psych eval for all prospective adoptive parents so we are scheduled to go in and have that done April 2nd.   We also have to take the MMPI (The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory), which is around 600 questions during the eval!  I hope we pass!  We will need to have another one in Honduras during our first trip.  They really want to make sure we aren't crazy, I guess.

In honor of adopting a daughter from Latin America, we purchased a Latin American doll to represent her culture, a pink teddy bear because we are adopting a girl (well, this was all me), and we finally received our American and Honduran flags that we are going to frame and hang in the playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment