Saturday, March 19, 2011

Waiting, adoption costs...

We are in waiting mode right now (the first of many!).  Waiting to find out when our homestudy will be started.  Waiting to receive our fingerprint cards so we can get that done. Waiting to pick up our medical forms so those can be mailed to our agencies. Waiting until we are able to get together with our notary.

I was doing some looking around because I was wondering how Honduras adoption costs were in line with other countries.  It is so that's good!  It is amazing how much each country differs in their adoption costs!  I found a table that lists some of the most popular countries:

 http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=2161

We had researched all of those countries ourselves before deciding on Honduras, which is similar in cost to China.  We expect some other expenses to pop up, but hopefully they aren't significant and turn our journey into a $50,000 process!

And just a little off topic:  Our son 14 month old son Evan has learned to walk!!  How crazy is that? I refer it to a "drunken sailor stagger" right now.  Probably not a good parental thing to say but it's a pretty amusing walk right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment