We sent off our state and federal criminal clearance fingerprints last Friday. Now we have the serious threat of a government shutdown at midnight tonight effectively stopping non-essential jobs. I know the FBI itself is essential, but what about certain services within it? Will the FBI continue to work at fully capacity? We are wondering if adoption fingerprints are essential or not. I'm not sure if our fingerprints will be put in a different pile than those for crimes and whatnot, or if everything is processed the same. I have the same questions regarding our state of Maine clearances as well.
We know a U.S Marshall and he is going to try to contact his friend in the FBI to see what he can find out, if anything. The thing with fingerprints is that our homestudy cannot be completed without them so that is why we are anxious about it.
Speaking of homestudies, ours starts tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment