We've had our second homestudy interview this past Saturday. This time, Gayle interviewed one of our references in person and also interviewed Dave and I together. Our reference, Kyle said that she just asked him some basic questions about us and how we parent Evan. She interviewed me alone and will meet privately with Dave next time. Other than that, this meeting is a formality because it is required.
It looks like our third and final homestudy meeting will be the this Saturday, April 23rd! Gayle emailed me a draft of our homestudy so far and it's very interesting to see how an 'outsider' views us as a family and individually. Thankfully, it's all been positive! I loved reading these words in our homestudy, "It is my recommendation that David and Amanda Smith be approved by Maine Children’s Home for Little Wanderers to adopt a female child from Honduras." I have to admit, I'm not surprised, but it's nice to actually see it all official! :-)
We are now waiting for our psych eval results to arrive, which will hopefully be early this coming week. It will be interesting to see how we are viewed psychologically as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment