Thursday, July 7, 2011

Waiting for homestudy finalization

Gladney sent our homestudy back to MCH for changes on June 16th.  We are waiting for our homestudy agency to make those changes and send it back to Gladney.  From what I understand, they have been made and were done a while ago so I don't know what the hold up is.  I contacted MCH to get an update and am waiting to hear back.  So far, I have not been overly impressed with them so I can't wait for our homestudy to be finalized by MCH and returned to Gladney.


Once that happens, we will receive official approval from Gladney to adopt, and then will submit our I-600A paperwork to USCIS (United States Citizen and Immigration Services).  The purpose of USCIS is to determine the eligibility and suitability of the Prospective Adoptive Parents looking to adopt, as well as the eligibility of the child to immigrate to the United States. They do this by reviewing our all of our paperwork, and then requiring us to go to our local USCIS office for yet another set of fingerprints.  Once all of this is done we will be approved to bring an orphan into the U.S. as an immediate family member.  This process can take up to 75 days.

All of our notarized dossier paperwork must be less than 5 months old by the time it reaches Honduras, so we need to redo a bunch of paperwork that we've already completed once for agencies!  We need to update our physicals, bloodwork, Dave's employment letter, my homemaker letter and our police letters!  Frustrating.  We won't be doing any of this until our homestudy is finalized so that we don't "waste" any part of those 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment