Friday, October 7, 2011

IHNFA updates

I wrote earlier about how the Secretary General and a few others were fired from IHNFA.  There are now interim people in those positions while an investigation is underway.  There have been conflicting reports from various sources about what is happening in regards to the adoption services right now.  Gladney sent an email to their Honduras families that said that "The adoption department is still working on a normal schedule so we don’t see it impacting adoptions during the investigation" and that it's "business as usual".  I am part of a forum that is strictly for Honduran adoptions so I am in touch with these people, both publicly on that forum, as well as privately.  I have heard that the interim Secretary General is not allowed to sign any adoption related paperwork, so no dossiers can be approved and put on the national waitlist during this time.  So, to me it sounds like adoptions ARE being affected and that it's NOT business as usual.

However, my agency had their monthly conference call which I listened to and they talked about these issues and concerns.  They said that the current Secretary General is in fact allowed to sign adoption paperwork and is working on stuff that has been sitting around since May and is attempting to get things caught up.  So, I don't know if this is a new development, or if there was a miscommunication earlier or what, but this news does sound encouraging.  I also hope this means that the families in Honduras now waiting to finalize their adoptions will get to do so very soon, so they can finish out their month long stay without too much stress and get home with their children.  Also, Gladney now has two approved dossiers, and one went all the way through the process in Honduras without any additional paperwork requests.  I bet that family is thrilled!

No word on the status of our dossier, but I don't expect to hear anything for another few weeks.  It is taking about 4 weeks to get dossiers translated into Spanish and ours has only been there for two weeks.  I am still waiting to get our updated psych eval from our psychologist so that my caseworker can review it before it is finalized and ready to go when IHNFA requests it.  Hopefully that's it, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment