Monday, September 26, 2011

What is in a dossier?

 I realized that I never listed what needs to be included in our dossier.  I wanted to do this along with the picture of our dossier that I posted earlier, for some reason I didn't.  I'm sure I left things out, but this is what I can remember off the top of my head:

1. Birth certificates
2. Marriage certificate
3. Bank statements
4. Passport copies
5. Medical forms w/labs
6. Consulate letter of endorsement
7. Power of Attorney for our agency's lawyer to act on our behalf when presenting our dossier to IHNFA
8. Two sets of 20 pictures (home, family, pets, family activities)
9. 2 Passport sized photos
10. 2 IHNFA applications, one in English and one in Spanish
11. Homemaker letter
12. Employee letter
13. Psychological evaluations
14. State criminal clearance letters
15. FBI criminal clearance letters
16. 3 reference letters
17. Homestudy
18. USCIS approval letter
19. Deed to our home
20. Post placement letter


This packet of papers was probably 1.5" thick, at least. The country of Honduras is going to know our family better than we know ourselves! It took us six months collect all this information.  We probably would have had it done in 4-5 months if our homestudy agency hadn't taken FOREVER to finalize our homestudy.  I won't be recommending them to anyone!  The important thing now is that it's done and in Honduras!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Amanda! How are you? I was just wondering if you would mind e-mailing me at elizabethmilton4@gmail.com with a little bit of what you included in your homemaker letter. Our agency has not asked for this from us, but I am wondering if at some point they will and I'd like to go ahead and do it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete