Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dossier is on its way!!!

I just got word from Beth that our dossier is on its way to Honduras right now!!!  It has to go through customs so hopefully it will be in their hands very soon!! It's crazy to think that we are finally at this point.  It seemed so impossible seven months ago when I was just beginning to realize all the paperwork that had to be done....it seemed like it was neverending!  But here we are!

Our dossier would have been mailed to Honduras on Friday when Gladney received it, but Beth called to inform me that Dave's birth certificate wasn't included!!  I freaked because I obviously thought it was there.  After practically tearing the kitchen apart, I remembered we had put it in our scanner because we needed to make a copy of the apostille and send it to Kate.  So, thankfully, that's where it was!! I dropped the birth certificate off at Fedex on Friday, but it didn't get delivered until today.  I can't describe the panic I experienced when I got that call from Beth!

What will happen now is that it will take 4 weeks to get our dossier translated and presented to the ministry of foreign affairs where they check the apostilles.  After that, it will be presented to IHNFA, and at this point we will be getting requests for additional information, or clarifications on documents.

With that said, the paperwork is not complete.  We already know that our psych evals will be kicked back to us, with who knows what else.  We shall see, hopefully that will be the only thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment