Friday, September 9, 2011

Plans for our Consulate trip

Due to Dave's work schedule, we will be going to New York City this coming Tuesday, September 13th, which also Dave's birthday.  This trip will involve the generous help of our parents because we would prefer not to bring Evan with us.  Dave's mother, Andrea will be spending Monday night at our house, and we'll start driving that evening and then stop in along the way to sleep.  On Tuesday morning, Andrea leaves for work at 7AM so then my mother will take over care for Evan at that time.  She will drop Evan off and pick him up at his daycare/school from 7: 30-12:30.  Then she will stay with him until we get home.  We aren't sure what time we'll be home Tuesday night, but it will probably be pretty late.  It really stinks to have to do this trip so quickly, but it's just the way it is.

I am nervous about the visit to the Consulate because we will be the first Gladney family at the NYC one and we don't know if anyone from other agencies have already been.  So, we have no idea if the people in the office will know what we are talking about and if they will give us a hard time about it.  I can't reach anyone there so we don't even know if anyone will be there!  We could drive 6 hours and show up to a closed office.  To be honest, I don't see why Gladney can't provide all the information they gave me to the Consulate themselves to get these letters for their adoptive families.  Why is it different if we bring the info needed, or the agency provides it to them?  We just have to play the game with this I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda - my husband and I live in Oklahoma and are currently in the process of adoption a child from Honduras through Gladney. I found your blog and was so encouraged by reading your timeline! Thank you so much for posting all of this!

    ReplyDelete