I called USCIS this morning to check on the name issue, and the woman said that my name is correct on the important document, but she would also note that I called to make sure my middle name is right on everything. She also said that we have not been assigned an agent yet, but I didn't think we would because we just had our biometrics done on Friday. We can call anytime to check on the status of our application, so I'll give it a few weeks and call back for an update. Thank goodness that the name issue was not a huge deal!
Dave mailed the final parts of our dossier off to Kate (dossier service) yesterday!! I only have two more things to do and that is email 3 additional pictures to Kate that are required for our dossier, and also email her our IHNFA application questions. These two things will be taken care of today. She will then review and make sure we have done everything...dotted every single 'I' and crossed every 'T' and then our entire dossier will be sent to the State Capitol for it to be apostilled! My friend Katie, who is adopting from Russia has already had some of her documents apostilled and she said that it took about 2 days be completed. Then we sit and wait for our USCIS approval letter. Finally, after working on our dossier for 5 months, it is nearly complete! That is until things expire while they are in Honduras and we have to redo several documents AGAIN in between the two trips......
No comments:
Post a Comment