Friday, August 12, 2011

USCIS fingerprints done!

We went in early to our local Department of Homeland Security office to see if they would do our biometrics (fancy word for fingerprints) earlier than our appointment date of August 22nd.  They did!  The woman who did our fingerprints said that it won't make the adoption process move any faster, even though so many adoptive parents think it will.  The frustrating thing is that she said she will have our clearances TOMORROW, but because everything is now centralized, we need to wait for that office to process everything.  Ugh.....so basically, our clearances could sit there for the next 2.5 months before we get our approval letter.  Let's hope that we get our letter of approval before then!

I mentioned the middle name issue, and I was told to write a letter to USCIS and the woman who did our prints gave me some contact info to follow up with.  She made the changes to my file and had her boss sign off on it, so basically I need to make sure everything has been corrected.  If my approval comes up under my incorrect name, it will be a pain to fix. 

So, I will make those phone calls, write that letter and then cross my fingers that everything regarding my name will be fine.  We hope that our I-600A approval letter will be in our hands very soon!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We were told the same thing but I found out that if you call ahead and tell USCIS national benefits center that you went early that they alert your case worker. That is what they did for us. I checked two times and ours got moved ahead in the process and approved before our official appointment date. You should try calling and talking to someone live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tell them when you went and when your original appointment date was and they should alert your case worker.

    ReplyDelete